• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking and my CorsairXMS 3500C2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CeeDeeJay

I have just put togather and tested my rig designed to introduce me to overclocking.After verfying the multiplier is unlocked I have ordered a fan and heatsink (SKL 900 with a YS Tech 92mm fan) that should allow me to venture into overclocking.
The Memory Skicky's have convinced me that my Memory(1 GIG of CorsairXMS 3500C2) that I purchased 14 months ago should be able to handle anything my ASUS A7n8x-Deluxe v2 can throw at it (espically concerning my FSB).
1) Is this a resonable assumption?
My motherboard even set at agressive settings auto sets the ram at 8-SDRAM Active Pre Charge Delay / 4 CAS Delay / 4 SDRAM RAS Pre Charge Delay / and 2.5T CAS Latency.
2) Would it benifit me to attempt to tweak these settings.
3) Should I wait until after the overclock to tweak these settings.
I know your probably tired of answering these newbie questions but any guidance will be appricated.

Thanks for the responce-attemot to clearify

I am going to try to clearify my question:
Do I need to try to set the timmings on my memory when the cpu is running at default or do I need to wait until I am finnished with the overclock or does it need to be done at the same time.Thanks

Chaser

It looks like your rig and mine are very alike but in opposite camps.Mine solidly in AMD and yours in Intel.I am looking foward to recieving my heatsink and fan and comparing results.

More than likely your board won't clock very high. That ram is awesome, first find the max fsb of the motherboard (since you don't know what it is for the ram). Next set the vdimm to max, and see how the ram does. It should be able to do 2-2-2-11.
It's definitely worth getting the tight timings, if you spent that much dough on that ram you should run it at least at it's rated speeds!

Back