• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P4S800D-E Deluxe Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vio1

Hi,

I wanted a post that houses all the new and pertanent information about the Asus P4S800D-E Dlx motherboard for all current owners of the board, or any people thinking of getting it.

My motherboard, rev 1.04 with bios 1002 is functioning properly and have experienced no problems with either sata raid or o/c. My system is rock solid at 3.6ghz (fsb= 257).

I had a p4p800 dlx and I think this board is way better:
reasons: 1) costs less then comparable boards 2)beats the p4p800 and p4c800 in benchmarks 3) has 4 sata with the ability to have 2 raid setups 4)ultra fast NB and SB line

This board is great!

ABXzone forum has a bunch of info from some people that got the board, but i thought we could start our own post...

for some reason, not many people have caught on to this board. have you figured out if your memory timings will change or not? i forgot what program i used to check the timings, but i really want to figure this out.

Ive tried cpuid but nothing shows up... if you could figure out what program you used to figure out the timmings that would be great.

yeah i know ive seen them somewhere. i thought it was in sandra, but now i can't find it again. damn i hate when that happens

i think i kno y this board isnt that popular...well as for the p4c and p4p and so on well look....

Overclock Features

ASUS JumperFree
ASUS C.P.R.(CPU Parameter Recall)CPU, Memory, and AGP voltage adjustableSFS (Stepless Frequency Selection) from 100MHz up to 300MHz at 1MHz increment
Adjustable FSB/DDR ratio, fixed AGP/PCI frequencies

and the p4c goes up to 400MHz ...there might be more but i noticed that

i dont kno wut ur talking about im talkin about the MHz the part like the FSB from 100MHz"FSB" to 300MHz"FSB" so like if you got a 2.4c at 300FSB"MHz" u only gonna get 3600Ghz out of the 2.4c. the p4c800 and p4p800 go to 400MHz"FSB"

p4c -- SFS (Stepless Frequency Selection) up to "400"MHz at 1MHz increanerts

the p4s only goes to 300MHz at 1MHz increments

only 3600 out of a 2.4?? haha
alright i see what you're saying but that limit is very high. the only people who are doing anything higher than that are people with outstanding 2.4s

I haven't heard of this board yet, when did it come out? I just got the P4C800-E Deluxe, I think I made a good choice.

this board is newer but its id say its been around for at least a month. it uses the sis 655tx chipset which is also new and is supposed to have performance comprable to the intel 875p chipset for a lot cheaper

I don't know which rev I have but I'm having all kinds of oddball problems with this board. I just bought 2x36gig WD Raptor SATA drives. I tried to install them last night and sometimes the SATA controller will see them and sometimes it won't. I'm using SATA1 & SATA2 for primary and slave. The Raid setup will only detect the drives sometimes...it's never consistent. It's not like installing a SATA drive is rocket science. Anyway, I switched to the south SATA controller SATA3 & SATA4 and it detected both drives fine without any problems.

Is this a known problem? I have BIOS 1002. Do I need to get a new rev from ASUS?

Also, how do I setup the Sis RAID for RAID 0? I'm new to RAID...does someone have directions for using the Sis RAID setup? The manual directions sucks.

Thanks for any help on this....I didn't know who else to turn to.

Corey

to determine the rev of your board check the sticker between the pci slots... it should say: ASus P4S800D-E Deluxe ... followed by the rev #.

I set raid up with my raptors on Sata 1 and 2, but I didnt set them master and slave. I have them both as master. When I set it up initally I had no problems... just plug and play.

AS to setting up sis raid its fairly straight forward... stripe size (lower #s will give you better benchmark scores however may not be better for real life use)... If you know how to get into the sis raid bios then you need to select the drives you want to put into raid and choose raid-o for performance raid-1 for doubling all your data without the performance. Once that is all created install windows... make sure you have a disk with the sis raid drivers on it before installing windows because you will need it... otherwise windows will not detect your raid drives.

Vio1 said:
to determine the rev of your board check the sticker between the pci slots... it should say: ASus P4S800D-E Deluxe ... followed by the rev #.

I set raid up with my raptors on Sata 1 and 2, but I didnt set them master and slave. I have them both as master. When I set it up initally I had no problems... just plug and play.

AS to setting up sis raid its fairly straight forward... stripe size (lower #s will give you better benchmark scores however may not be better for real life use)... If you know how to get into the sis raid bios then you need to select the drives you want to put into raid and choose raid-o for performance raid-1 for doubling all your data without the performance. Once that is all created install windows... make sure you have a disk with the sis raid drivers on it before installing windows because you will need it... otherwise windows will not detect your raid drives.

I don't understand what you mean by setting them as Master & Slave. These drives configure themselfs....I thought. Where do you go to make sure they are both set to master? There are no master/slave jumber settings on my sata drives.

Vio1 said:

Do you have your sata drives configured for PM2 Mode, it's one of the jumper settings? Do you have the drives configured for SSC_DIS Mode (default is disabled) "spread spectrum clocking"?

oh, my mistake... i didnt realize that these drives dont have jumpers... I have no idea what is PM2 Mode orSSC_DIS Mode "spread spectrum clocking.

Vio1 said:
oh, my mistake... i didnt realize that these drives dont have jumpers... I have no idea what is PM2 Mode orSSC_DIS Mode "spread spectrum clocking.

Sounds to me like you have no clue what you are talking about. Nevermind!

Back