• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how can i tell the timings my ram is rated for?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BGPatterson

how can i find out the timings my ram is rated for? i have sone cheap generic ram and i'd like to be able to find out the ram timings it is rated for. I know it is cas 2.5 but i don't know the two other numbers. right now i am running 2.5-2-2 and it acts funny. maybe i should loosen those off?

I would say 2.5-3-3-7 if you are running at normal FSB and that you have the proper ram for your cpu. It would help if you gave some info on what cpu, and memory you have then we could give you a better answer.

There should be a manufacture stamp with a part #. use that to trace your memory on Google. I wish you luck.

Set the memory timing in the BIOS to SPD (default). Then run CPU-Z and click on the memory tab. That will tell you what your memory defaults are... but not necessarily what it's rated at... and certainly not what it'll run at.

Back