• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pc2700 is limiting me, need advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EagleClaw

I just put in a XP 2700+Thoroughbred and have 2x256 OC system pc2700. I'm running 11,3,3,2.5 and will only be stable at 13x170fsb.
Windows will boot at 180fsb but 3dmark and games reboot the computer.
I am running 1:1 and not in dual channel at the moment.
I thought I should be able to do a little better than that.
I will be getting some pc3200 but that may not be for a few months so I want to sqeeze a little more out this ram if I can. What do you guys think is holding me back? Is it the voltage? If so I need some advice on where I should start out setting it at.

TIA

You can try raising the voltage if you havnt done so already. You can also try using only one stick and see which stick performs better and use that stick for now if you can live with only 256mb of ram. But youd probably get more performance using 512mb anyway depending on what you do on your computer.

first u gotta find out how fast the cpu will run. if it will take 180+ then up the memory voltage as far as it will go and loosen timings.. see if that helps clock higher

Back