• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which board is the best bet to reach 300MHz FSB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I did it with my P4C800-E Dlx. I needed to disable PAT to get stability at that speed though. With PAT on the limit was ~295MHz.

I was able to take a screenshot at 308 FSB with my IC7, but it's far from stable. I can bench with Sandra at 300 FSB, but it's not Prime stable, I think the 2.4C CPU is maxing out more than anything. However, 295 FSB is totally rock solid stable and I can run any benchmark at 296-297 FSB. Just about any mobo will need to have modded northbridge cooling at those speeds. Hipro used a heavily modded IC7 to break the world FSB record (think he's up to 400 FSB now).

hey batboy, do u think it was the mb(over 300 loses agp/pcilock) or do u think it is the cpu? cause im startin to wonder maybe alot of these borderline oc's are due to this prob. im thinking about getting one of those pll/pci slot meters that u plug in to test the pci bus. i have an oscope at work but i cant find a chip to get near 300. that way i could send the pci meter to one of u guys to check out this theory

Good question. I don't know for sure. I've heard of that PCI/AGP thing. When I did my max blast to 308 FSB, I started at 295 FSB and then used clockgen to go the rest of the way. Clockgen showed my PCI/AGP as being in spec.

Back