• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AGP Voltage Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OBLIVIONLORD

Im looking to increase stability, If I increase the AGP voltage to 1.7 will it harm my card in anyway or the Northbridge controller?

I am getting perfect stablility at vdim 2.5v, 2.6 and 2.7 even though the ram chips are rated at 2.75v. I got around the same benchmark scores at all volts.

The spec timmings for this chip is 3-4-4-8. Im locked so this is as far as I can go.

This is my ram. This is the tightest it can do. Your ram can go tighter but mine cant. There are alot of oc results with this ram and this ram stays at 3-4-4-8

OBLIVIONLORD said:
This is my ram. This is the tightest it can do. Your ram can go tighter but mine cant. There are alot of oc results with this ram and this ram stays at 3-4-4-8

So you have tried tighter timings then?

i doubt that thats the tightest your ram will go but since youve convinced yourself otherwise i wont argue with you about it.Im just giving you suggestions on how to make your pc faster.if you were to raise your vdimm voltage you could prolly tighten your timings.this will be my last post in this thread lol...as i am saying the same thing over again :D

with PC3700, if he wants stability, he needs to do vdimm mod... his mobo only supports upto 2.95 and PC3700 requires more juice i guess :D

nope My ram spec is 2.75v

Polargoat: Find me someone who is using my same exact ram with tighter timmings since I cant find anyone.

Last edited:
OBLIVIONLORD I noticed your signature. Numerous sites have had reviews on that you'll get the best PAT performance with MAM=auto and Performance=Turbo. Both are PAT options and it's kinda strange Asus put one of them under Advanced CPU setup. Benchmark with those settings and see if you'll get better scores.

Lancelot said:
OBLIVIONLORD I noticed your signature. Numerous sites have had reviews on that you'll get the best PAT performance with MAM=auto and Performance=Turbo. Both are PAT options and it's kinda strange Asus put one of them under Advanced CPU setup. Benchmark with those settings and see if you'll get better scores.

u using that setting lance? is ur mam=off and pam=turbo? interesting but no time to test yet... :D

I just did a few benches with MEM at Auto and Performance at Turbo. I got the same overall results as when I have Mem at Enabled and Performance at Auto.

Pc Mark 2002 Before:
Cpu = 8686
Mem = 10478

After:
Cpu = 8676
Mem = 10481

Sisandra 2004 Before:
Memory Bandwith = 5591/5582

After:
Memory Bandwith = 5609/5591

UT2k4 demo Before:
Botmatch 12 bots = 46.7 Score

After:
Botmatch 12 Bots = 46.7 Score

Damn video card is the killer to my scores. But as you can see switching the perform to Turbo and Mem to auto is a very very small gain if anything at all on my side.

Propilot
Any tighter timmings and it wont boot. There are numerous oc results with this ram and not 1 was able to use tighter timmings at full 1:1 ratio. Keep in mind that I am using the full 1:1 potential of this ram so if I lower the FSB then I can tighten the timmings but, my goal is to not have a slower FSB.

Last edited:
Back