• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

abit A7N help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ashenfang

The Jet Man!
Well it was suggested to post this here, instead of General forum, even though I don't think its the board
Well, just put my new rig together last night and I am having a wierd problem. So I thought I would pick the wonderful brains around here for some help.

Specs
Abit AN7
Barton 2500+
2x512 PC3200 Corsair XMS Extreame (in slots 2 and 3)
120gig western digital 8meg cache
Radeon 9800 pro

Okay, so after messing with western digitals horrible jumpers, I finally got the system to post, but it only detected the drive as 36gig. I ran the WD Disk that it came with that does something with the MBR to fix this problem. After completing this, it finally detected the drive as 120gigs.

I put in the windows xp disk and load up windows xp. Everything seems good, I get a couple drivers installed from the Abit disk ect. I am downloading 3dmark 03 and about half way through, the hard disk makes a loud (click) sound and the screen goes blue. On the blue screen in white lettering it says;

Windows has encountered a problem and has been shut down to protect your system.

If this is the first time seeing this message reboot your computer and load windows, if this problem perists, please check any drivers for your new hardware ect. ect.

IRQ_notless_equal_too

Start Physical Memory Dump
Physical Memory dump complete

Okay.....so now I am lost. I have got this message about 4 or so times now and sometimes it will say where the fault was. Last time it said TCPIP.SYS
As well as this problem, I was getting alot of IE Explorer errors when on the internet. You know, the one that says IE has encountered a problem and must shut down.

Nothing is overclocked, in the bios its set at 2500+ 333mhz FSB. I really need some suggestions on this as I have never had this error before. I appreciate any assistance.

Here is what I have done so far

Updated BIOS from Abit Web site
Windows Updates
Installed drivers from Abit Disk

Iv had this problem in the past.

If you do a search for TCPIP.sys you will find that you have two copys, one will be in lowercare while the other is in uppercase. If you compare the two files proteries you will see that they are differnet. I also believe the filesizes are differnet.

Anyways, Im not sure if the one is a virus or what but I found reinstalling and do yet another fresh install of XP fixed the problem.

There is also another file that is the same way and you will also find it running in task manger, if I remeber right if begins with a "D".

Reinstalling XP again should take care of the problem, might want to run a virus scanner as soon as the install is done.

Back