• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hafaphoto

Sorry if this is a double post! I tried to change computer cases, and now mine will not boot in a case! Will only boot outside of a case (phonebook). It will not shut down properly either, I have to pull the plug or the display shuts off, and the fans rev up and down. Any help? I am running only the video card, modem and harddrive, literally on my desktop! I posted a previous message, but could not find it, sorry if this is a double post, but I really need some help!

Thanks

E

if the problem is in your new case and it came with a new power supply, you might try swapping out the PSUs-

sounds like a power or grounding problem to me.

agreed, if it wont run in a case, its grounding on it somewhere, you sure you got all the mounting bolts on the mobo try lined up with the holes in the mobo???? also be careful when installing the board in a case, some of the traces run pretty close to the mounting holes on that board also

Still no boot in a case???

I just got a new case, not a new PSU. My computer will not boot in the case with my 350 watt PSU or my spare 300 watt PSU. It will only boot on the phone book with the 300 watt PSU. However, an older 733 intell with boot and run with either power supply, in either case! I have made sure that the only studs, or mounting brackets line up with my 10 mounting holes on the MB.

I am at a total loss here! Any help is greatly appreciated!

E

check all of your Molex connectors for loose strands or failing crimps- you also might want to put it in your old case and see if it runs.

Do you have all of your power/reset/leds headers set properly? I know I'm reaching but I wonder if it has something to do with that case cable. After you start it up you should be able to disconnect them one at a time to see if the ramping up and down stops.

Let us know.

Still lost!

I have tried the power switches on 3 cases! I do notice, with all the pulgs in, that the HD LED or power LED are not lit up. I have them hooked up in the right place, with all of the writting on them facing the RAM. I have also tried just using the power switch plugged into the header.

I am leaning towards a new PSU and a RMA on the board.
Thanks for the reply! Any help is greatly appreciated!

E

Back