• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Difference between Corsair PC3200C2 and PC3200LL?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silent Buddha

I was considering getting either the Corsair PC3200C2 or PC3200LL. The PC3200LL is rated 2-3-2-6 but the PC3200C2 is rated 2-3-3-6. I was wondering if the PC3200LL is worth the extra cost or if the PC3200C2 would do about the same timings? And do these two memory types have a good chance of having BH-5 chips?

These pretty likely don't have BH-5 chips. They haven't for a while.

I'm not totally sure on this, but I think both should overclock about the same. If you're looking for BH-5 though, you'll probably have to go the Mushkin route. Looking around locally for Kingston ValueRAM PC2700 with BH-6 isn't a bad idea either.

I heard Mushkin is running out of BH-5 chips also. Do any of you know if they started replacing it with something else? I also heard Kingston HyperX PC3000 and PC3200 have a good chance of having BH-5 chips. I would get OCZ that definitely had BH-5 chips but I had a bad experience with OCZ. Any comments welcome.

Silent Buddha said:
I heard Mushkin is running out of BH-5 chips also. Do any of you know if they started replacing it with something else? I also heard Kingston HyperX PC3000 and PC3200 have a good chance of having BH-5 chips. I would get OCZ that definitely had BH-5 chips but I had a bad experience with OCZ. Any comments welcome.

Mushkin's out of BH-5 chips. They have stopped making their Black Level II line. They have a line out now called "PC-3200 222 Special" that has Winbond BH-6 chips.

All correctly labled Black Level II Mushkin PC-3200 and PC-3500 has Winbond BH-5 chips. All Mushkin PC-3200 "222 Special" has Winbond BH-6 chips. The PC-3200 up at NewEgg is "222 Special".

Silent Buddha said:
How much better are BH-5 chips than BH-6 chips?

They're basically the same. Each offers potentially very high clocks with tight timings given high voltage. Both have those who think each is better then the other, and vv.

Back