• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Um PC2700 @ 380 mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FrozenOver2

Registered
Um i was just wondering my Athlon XP seems to top out at 11x190FSB I was just wondering what kinda memory i should feed this monster if i wanna see speeds up near 2.4 or 2.5 ghz. Right now its on stock cooling at 11x190 but in a lian li with lots of fans. Just wondering because i am building a huge watercooling system.

What FLapperhead is saying is correct. For instance, I have PC 2700 running @ 210, so you should be able to get that fsb a little higher IF the rest of your system will allow. Do not assume that your memory is automatically the culprit of things max out. PSU, Mobo, CPU stepping etc. are equally, if not more important. (of course you will not get @ 2400 or higher with 2700, but you get the message :)

Well then
I got a 500w Aspire PSU
I got a Via KT400 MB
I still got to check out my proc some more to find out what the scoup is on it
And it wont run at any 200fsb lvl, meaning that even if the multiplier is at 10x it still wont run 200FSB

Last edited:
Well, that Mobo wonn't do you any good trying to overclock, as VIA chipsets do not have AGP and PCI frequency locks. This meants that if you raise the FSB, you automatically raise the PCI and AGP frequency as well, causing instability quite soon.

I do not see you hitting speeds of 200 mhz FSB with your current mobo, sorry:(

I do. I am not expert on via chipsets, but it is a kt400. 400 implies that it can run@400 mhz (200fsb). This leads me to thing that it has a divider that you can change to make it stable at 200mhz.

Nope, kt400 only adds ddr400 support. You need the kt600 for 400 fsb support.

I would go with an Nforce2 board anyway for the locked buses.

Back