• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAID channel as IDE on abit nf7-s?? ASAP plz on temp comp!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arnoldma

hi, i have 3 HDDs and i was just wondering if i could put my 3rd one in one of the onbard raid connectors (using the convertors from that came with my mobo) and just use it as a normal ide channel?

does any1 know if this is possible? if so how cna i go about doing this? do i have switch raid channel to an ide channel? thanks a lot, bye.

Yes, you should be able to do what you want.

Hook up the drive to one of the Sata connectors, then enable the sata settings (I am not too sure if the NF7 does that via Bios setting or by jumper on the MB, check your manual)

Windows should detect the drive and ask for the sata drivers which are on the CD that came with your board.

Good Luck.

Al

hmm ok.. i just tried and when it gets to the RAID screen (stright after the 1st screen where it says all the ram/cpu info, all the cd-rom/hdd info) where it says "press f4 or ctrl+s to enter raid utility, detecting...." it just says primery channel not found, then secondary channel not found..... even though i have everything plugs in correct... no only that afterwards it just stops booting up at the WinXP screen... does any1 know whats wrong? thanks!

sorry, i posted reply in the other thread, i 1st posted over here but then i thought it'd be better to put in storage section as it is HDD related.

Back