• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I am not really an overclocker but.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ramdu

I have confidence in the technical knowledge of the people who are, therefore I am coming to this forum for advice.

I have an ASUS A7S333 motherboard with an AMD 1800+ processor and 256 MB of Crucial PC2700 DDR memory. Up until now the processor has been running at 1.1 GHz because I don't know what optimal settings to change in the BIOS to at least get my CPU operating at its 1.8GHz rating.

Could someone please walk me through this in layman's terms and tell me what settings to change on my board and in the BIOS so that I can at least get the machine running at what it's stated rating is?

I have read the manual and it is somewhat like Greek to me (its just assumes too much knowledge on the part of the reader in my opinion), also I have done searches on this topic in the forum and have read some interesting posts but nothing that really tells me what I need to know in a clear, simple, step-by-step manner.

Could anyone help me, please? Thank you.

you must first restart your pc press delete enter to the bios and set the fsb to 133 and the multiplicator to 11.5 this will be the default setting of your cpu it will run at 1533mhz=1800+ good luck

Back