• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to overclock p4g800-v

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Same here, a friend of mine has exactly same mobo and I can't figure out how to overclock it. I've searched all over the BIOS settings and could not find anything that would even point to o/cing it. Same for Jumpers, I didn't find any that would allow me to o/c this thing :(.

On the Attached pics you can see the BIOS settigs for CPU.

Attachments

• asusp4g800-v-web.jpg
    asusp4g800-v-web.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 136
Update/bump

OK, I've updated his BIOS to v1008 from v1003 and the CPU settings changed a little bit from the 1st screen there, but not much, and I stil can't O/C it :(.

Is it hopeless?...

ciku said:
sorry, i mean in the chipset menu under advance...

oh, well there as usual nothing that is about o/c, just options like Enable/Disable an onboard device and some IRQ options...

Thread Necromancer here. I figured i would just bump it instead of making a new post of the same thing.

A friend of mine has this same board and the others are correct in saying the bios won't let you overclock and it has no jumpers either. Trust me, i have done my research on this board through and through the net and I am even suprised at this.

An Asus board that is on a 865 chipset with Onboard Sata / Raid capabilites cannot be overclocked? But one thing to note...it has a built in graphics controller.

Why is that 90% (minus or plus a few) of mobo's that come with onboard video are "lower quality" boards then those that don't? You would think that since it does have 8x AGP as well, it would cost like an extra 20 bucks since you always have something you call fall back on; if your 5950 goes bad for example.

Back