• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ICH5R sata raid.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

seren

Do both the p4p800 and p4c800 have ICH5R southbridge and support sata raid as most of the reviews I have read say ICH5:confused: and which one is the best overclocker? thanks.

P4P800 deluxe has ICH5R and P4C800 does not. But the P4C800-E does have ICh5R and is probably the best thing out there. As far as overclocking goes check out the review at anandtech it shows that the Asus P4P800 deluxe is the highest overclocking P4 motherboard reviewed. I think it was like 285fsb stable or something like that.

Thanks for the replies will have a look at some more reviews but looks like it will be the Asus as I am not happy with my Epox 4pda2 rev 2, will the OCZ 4200 EL memory I have be ok with the Asus board as they don't list OCZ in there as one of the tested memory modules, also does it support the prescot cpu many thanks.

Yeah it has official support for prescott. Although they are going to be releasing DDRII motherboards pretty soon which will be better suited to prescott. I don't know about that memory though. I think the EL stuff is better suited for athlons. You might want to contact OCZ and ask them about it. They make special memory desgined for dual channel on 865 and 875 chipsets and I don't think you have the right stuff. It might work fine bt I would check with OCZ tech support first. Don't worry about the fact that they are not a recommend memory vendor on the asus site because that doesn't really matter too much. The asus site has a very limited list really. Besides the chips that are used in the OCZ memory are probably listed under the recommended manufacturers.

Thanks again for the reply the memory is dual channel and it is designed specially for the 865/875 boards it is ddr 533 pc 4200 EL well that's what they call it , I was just concerned it was not listed on the Asus site, and now you mention it I guess they are using the same chips as a lot of the other memory, I have traked down a pc4800 deluxe E rev 2 so I think I will be getting one of them pretty soon, and will try and sell the Epox board, thanks again.

Back