• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fsb?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brutis

Ok I'm a newbie so flame on :) I've built a few systems that run fine but never oc'd. I'm confused by the jumpers on some of these asus boards. The manual say the board is made for 333 fsb so I set the jumpers for that, when it boots it says the multiplier is 166 mhz. Now to oc, I'm supposed to raise the fsb above 166 in bios? But I thought the board was set to run at 333? I've been reading up on this for weeks but cant figure this part out??? I know you guys can help me out.....go easy on the newbie:D

Last edited:
ram 512 mb pc3200 ddr no name brand ?
amd athlon 2800 333mhz
asus a7n8x-e deluxe
oem cooling

ok I think I just figured it out, the board fsb is really half what you set it for? So if I set the board to 333 (with the jumpers) it's actually running at 166? 12.5x166=2075 Thats really dismal performance for a 2800 processor isnt it?

lol, sorry, that's just funny, you put me in my state of mind when i first started, welcome to your new addiction, and welcome to the forums

Back