• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mem recomendation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

generallee1dk

Registered
I have read a lot about the different mem speeds and what not, however I am still confused about one part. I have a 166 FSB 3000+ on an Nforce2 mobo, and I don't know if I should match the speed of the cpu with the mem, or if I should go up to DDR400. I plan on doing some lighter overclocking and will probabaly not keep my higher overclocks set for long periods of time, but I am worried that if I just get the ddr400 it will not work as well with the cpu (otherwords lose performance) compaired to ddr333 or even ddr370. I want to get two 512 sticks for dual channel and am a little confused on what will work best.

Hi generallee1dk,
first of all Welcome to the Forum :)

about your question, well, a memory module rated for DDR400 can work without any kind of prob at lower frequencies, for example DDR333, so this is the way to go ;)

I hope it helps you,
Adriano

Back