• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KD7-RAID Barton 2500+ cache

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PaRaNoiA

Registered
Hey, i just got a Barton 2500+, not done bad with the o/cing got it at 2386Mhz, 40 degree's idle, 45 degrees full load.
But i recently noticed that my barton was only running at 256kb cache!
I'm guessing this is a problem with my board/bios...
I flashed to the latest bios 'apparently'...
Everytime i tried to flash using the floppy i got some dodgy missing file error, so i downloaded this bios flash program from abit which flashed me with the latest bios, which says it supports bartons!

Is there any setting in bios to increase the cache? Before i flashed the bios, i couldn't actually get my barton to run at anything other than 1100mhz, but now it has default barton speeds already, such as 2500+ 2700+ 3000+ settings etc. but still 256kb cache!!

Thanks!

have you checked the cache with a program like sandra or cpu-z to double check the size??? that is a proper strange one that like

but you do have to flash the bios to the latest one on the kd7 series, mine wouldnt run right either when i first got one a while ago

ps. are you a geordie??? just looking at the windaz two thoosand avatar lol

Back