• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2400+ mobile and a7a266

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

painterh

Registered
Anybody out there tell me if My a7a266 board (latest rev.) with latest bios will will work with Athlon mobile 2400+ (266 fsb and 512 cache)? Asus says on site that this board will take up to Tbred or Thornton core 2600+. Only major difference is vcore at 1.45 for mobile cpu. Any feedback would help.

It will work, wether the MB can supply a lower voltage is the question. Most people are O/C chips like this so they raise the V-Core anyways.

re:

Thanks for the reply. I do plan to oc. I am currently running a physically unlocked Palomino core 1700+ running @1708 mgz with 1.85 vcore. Default vcore is 1.7 for this chip. Does the motherboard get vcore info from cpu or does that come from only bios? Also, do you know if multipliers are unlocked on mobile 2400?

Hold on here people...2400+ Mobile? I know for a fact that the A7A266 Handles up to a XP 2600+ FSB 266 because I have two of these boards...but a Mobile?????? I'm not sure it's such a great idea to put a mobile on that board. The lowest voltage the motherboard supports is 1.65 which would really heat up your processor. You may want to look into a good cooling solution.

Back