• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me identify this RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

adelphia83

I just installed two 512mb Kreton PC3500 sticks, 92$ each at Newegg.

So far they are rock solid at 236mhz 8-4-4-3CL.

I've gotten 227mhz at 7-3-3-2CL, but gave up because my system kept locking up (i later found out it was a dying hard drive :-/

I figured out the drive was causing my instability, and jumped right up to 236mhz fsb as the next test.

I'm shocked as to what this RAM can do. I checked Kreton's website, and they have a "business alliance" with Winbond and Nanya, both of which I know are RAM chip makers. I'd check on the RAM itself, but the heatspreader is glued on. Can anyone decipher Sandra's information below, and possibly give a clue as to who makes these RAM modules? TIA!

duplicate_8125_sandra.JPG

can u still rma those ram? 1gb of Geil Ultra Platinum Dual Chan PC-3500 is only $175 i suggest u get that one :D

Performance and AIDA32 won't give a clear enough picture to identify what DRAM chips you have.

DDR454 w/ 2-3-3-7 timings isn't too bad for $90 sticks of 512MB in dual-channel. What's the highest it will go while keeping tRCD set to 3 (while lapsing all other timings - like 3-3-3-8 or 3-3-4-8)?

Hmm. I'm still not done testing it yet.

I'm at 245fsb, with 7-3-3-2.5CL at 2.8 VDimm. I've got Prime95 running for about 10mins without error, and I let memtest run for a few minutes. I'll let prime95 run overnight to make sure.

I'm not sure my chipset's going to go much higher, I cannot post at 250fsb.

I'm not sure I want to try 246-249, because everytime I screw up the CMOS (by overclocking too high), I have to pull the battery and a whole bunch of crap, because my stupid board didn't include a CMOS clear jumper. Go figure.

Looks promising. What are the known RAM chips that will do these kinds of speeds?

Last edited:
Back