• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S running sluggish! any ideas?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gusdagoos

i have a nf7-s rev2 motherboard with the barton 2500+ and two sticks of 256 memory. I had to reformat windows and now that i did i notice that the system is running a lot slower than usual. I didnt change anything different. anything i can do to fix this?

what version of nforce drivers are u using??? and are you using the nvidia sw ide drivers?

i still dont trust them personally, still running with the micro$oft version

yea i downloaded all the windows updates and i have the regular drivers....i didnt download new ones

Update all drivers if i was you-ive just done a complete format on my system(checkl sig) and its running beautifully.
DoM

domstar said:
Update all drivers if i was you-ive just done a complete format on my system(checkl sig) and its running beautifully.
DoM

Your kidding right? I checked your sig and that 3dmark score is horrible. My 2nd comp running an abit kt7 non A, non raid, at 133mhz fsb on a tbred 750 oc'd to 810 with a geforce 4200 gets about the same score in 2k1.

gusdagoos said:
yea i downloaded all the windows updates and i have the regular drivers....i didnt download new ones

Definetly DL and install the newer NF2 drivers and do not install the SW IDE drivers...this should speed your system up a little

Last edited:
i think my memory timings are 6-3-3-2. But before i reinstalled windows my computer was working fine.

is there a program that i can get benchmarks so i can compare. When im in word and search for clip art its slow and loading some programs...

Back