• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7n8x Dlx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Remove

I just bought one of these today because of a cyber deal thread. After thinking about it I realized I already have a system running this board in my home lan and have never played with it.

I have heard great things about it. What are some of the good features of this board? How is it for OCing? I have a 2500+ in the system already running and ordered a 3000+ for the new one. Let me know how good these boards are.

becareful when adjust any memory timing or pushing the fsb to higher with this board it can at any time corrupt your bios it can overclock from 210-to 220 fsb some member have a luck to set it to 230 but this to hard to get without any voltage mode the rating of overclockabilty of your barton 2500+ with this bord depand on your memory if u are using some goood ram like pc 3200 or pc 3500 u can get it up to 220 mhz it not sure because at this fsb 3d game can crash due at the low voltage of the southbridge
210 fsb i think is granted
good luck
note to be more sure to not corrupt the bios alwais in your bios do save change first after save and exit never press f10 never adjust the memory timing a lot it is better to set them to by spd
good luck again:)

You going air or water? My water is going in tomorrow!!! Of course, it will be down for like 3-4 to make sure its all good, but after that, and once my PSU comes in, here we go 2.3 ghz :)

And on air, Im hitting 210 X 10, so its definitely not a bad board, just not the best. Also, did you get a Rev. 2.0?

Mine is at 210fsb, no problems. Make sure you flash the bios. the 1005 that came on mine was not good at all for overclocking. any timings faster than like 8-3-3-3, and it wouldnt make it to windows. but i am pretty pleased with mine.

Buy yourself another bios chip to save yourself a headache. That way you can salvage your rig with a hot flash.

This board can give you moddest ocing, but nothing outstanding unless you plan to do some modding.

The sound on this board is awesome. It will definitely pump out some noise and the video playback on dvd is just as good as my Yamaha surround sound at home.

You will need SATA hardrives if you plan to raid.

Like the previous posts said, make sure you have downloaded the latest bios and have good memory for this board, at a minimum PC3200.

You should hit XP3200 Barton speeds (2.2 Ghz) with your XP2500. Good luck!

Back