• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AN35N Ultra overclocking problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Whoopr4theCoppr

Registered
I've been trying to o'c an Athlon 2100+ but I can't seem to get it stable past 2gigs. I've tried numerous things: increasing multiplier and raising fsb (and vice versa), upping the volt core and ram voltage, etc.

Sometimes it won't POST, other times I'll get blue screen of death before booting XP Home, and when I do get into XP Prime95 freezes in the first few seconds or I get a SUMOUT error.

Here are my exact specs, any advice would be appreciated:

Athlon 2100+ (unlocked, JIUHB)
Vantec Aeroflow HSF
Shuttle AN35N Ultra with most recent L BIOS
2x256 Buffalo PC3200 Ram (running in Dual Channel; passed 24 hour Memtest)
Fortron 350W PSU
2x120mm case fans (1 front intake, 1 rear exhaust)

From what I've read this CPU should go to 2.2g easy. Anybody here have any advice for me.

Thanks.

Hey W4C!

I have a 2100+ JIUHB as well, its a decent OCer and yes it tops out around 2.2Ghz after it and the memory are properly burnt in. Try lowering your multi to 9.5 or 10, then start pushing your FSB higher. Try setting your memory to Expert, Aggessive CPU Interface, Expert, 11-3-3-2.5 timings w\VDimm set to Auto & VCore set to 1.65V. Start @166FSB and make sure you run a couple loops of Memtest86 and 1/2hr of Prime95 at each step of your OC to make sure you're not getting errors or instability. When you get errors or crashes up your VCore a notch or 2 and test the setting again. You should make a stable 200FSB. Many people can't get the Buffalo\Winbond to run over a 205FSB stable on this board in dual channel mode, me included. I switched my memory to slots 1 & 2 to put it in single channel mode, now I can run 220FSB X 10.5 @1.90V stable but use 220FSB x 10 for everyday use with VCore @1.80V At some point you may want to tweak the voltage on the rails of your Fortron, I set mine to ~5% over stock while running Prime Torture Test, remember that working on an open PSU is very dangerous but the pots aren't located near any of the caps so if you're careful and pay attention its pretty easy, I've done it to all 3 of my Fortrons. Good Luck! Keep us posted as to how you make out! Add your scores to our "Official" FSB\Memory\Dual vs. Single Channel (Data Only Please) Post if you want.

Regards, Balrog

Last edited:
I couldn't get this board to over 200 fsb in dual channel either.switched to single channel,used the timings that Balrog/Szandor(mad props to this guy) recomended and I'm chugging along with the specs in sig.atleast check the thread he mentions to see that there is not really much difference in performance other than higher fsb is better.

Hey Colt!

Damn Dude!

I just noticed your [email protected]!

Congrats Ya Dog! :D

I've gotta pull my Barton 2500+ AQXEA 0322 SPAW outta the LAN rig and give it a try. I recently found out that the A in SPAW meant it was the first batch of silicon for thats weeks production run which are suppose to OC the better, my other one was an M run which would only hit ~[email protected] and ran kinda hot so thats in one of my folding rigs. I'm afraid 2.31Ghz is all this XP1700+ DUT3C can go, still I'm damn happy with the results for a cheapie OEM chip, wish I'd bought that DLT3C when I had the chance.

You ought to edit your post over at the Single\Dual thread to show the Ghz you're running, those are some damn fine scores Bro!

Regards, Balrog here & Szandor everywhere else!

entries edited.I actually think it can go a little higher I just haven't had the time lately to play with it.between moving ,working on my kids rigs,and playing games she's been getting neglected.anyway thanks for the props but you helped me get it there.

at 200 fsb it didn't matter what setting vdimm was on it was stable.auto gives me something like 2.54 but my memory specs call for 2.6 .I can run at 217 with 2.6 but not auto.I had it at 2.7 attempting to tighten the timings and have just been to lazy to turn it down.sometime in the next couple of weeks I'm gonna try 210 2-3-2-7 and check the numbers.

Yeah, I may try to mess with my timings a bit as well this weekend.

You know anyone running a Mobile XP on an AN35N yet? I see lots of NF7-S users getting some nice scores. NewEgg is really jacking the hell out of the prices of them, so I'll probably pass, but 2.6-2.7Ghz on air has me drooling. :p

Supposedly they're unlocked, yet I see a lot of people using the stock multis and talking of pin mods, so I don't know exactly whats going on and for $100.00 I probably won't find out, maybe I'll get another Barton 2500+, I hear even though they're locked they OC nicely and run cooler than the older ones, only $80.00 retail now.

Regards, Balrog

Last edited:
Back