• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4P800 with 2.8c

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KrazyKevin

Which is better:

At 1:1 ratio, I can't get but about 225 on my fsb. I'm using geil value ram PC3200 2x512 right now. Its running stock timings.

I can change my ration to 3:2 or 320mhz and I've got me bus up to 235 to far. CPU temp is around 38c at idle. Whats better, keeping the 1:1 ratio and lower fsb, or go 320 or maybe even 266 and having a faster fsb? Also, my memory timings, if I raise the timings to make the memory more stable, i know it will run a lil slower, but if it gets me faster fsb setting, should i do it? So many options here, but I don't know which way to go. I'm a newb at the board and chip, plz give me a little advice. And this memory has got to do for now. Thanks guys/gals

Kevin

Also, my memory setting from geils website show to be 2.5-6-3-3. But on my mobo the second number only goes up to 4. Right now I have that setting on auto. What do I do about only being able to set it to 4 instead of 6?

Hopefully I'll get to upgrade soon. But, as for now, I'm stuck with this stuff.

thats not that bad..lol..you could up your vdimm voltage to 2.85 and tighten your timings to try and get more out of that ram

try these settings... fsb 235, cas 2.5-6-3-3, ratio 5:4 set pam/mam=enable... if its stable, raise ur fsb by 5... vdimm=2.85v (geil are voltage eaters) and vcore 1.55v-1.6v :D

Back