• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair PC3200LL Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Freddie

I have just purchased 1gb of corsair PC3200LL Pro (2x512 TwinX) for my ASUS A7N8X-e to run in dual channel mode. I know that they are guarenteed to run att 250 fsb (500mhz). Does anyone know what cpus are in there. The timings are 2-3-2-6. I am quite sure that they are not bh-5 and i think that they might be the not very good ch-5. Does anyone know what they are (bh-6?)

Hey Freddie,

Want to start this off by saying no manufacture guarantees their PC3200 will run anything higher then what all of them are rated at (400mhz).

If your shooting for a 250 fsb (500mhz) I would try & grab a Mobile 2500+. They have unlocked multipliers & will be easy to adjust if your goal is 250 fsb.

I'm not sure what chip those things have in them. I know it is not the Bh-5 chip.

That is what i was thinking. I only want to clock to 220mhz. If you go to corsairs site and click on pro series it has an image, which shows the module and has info atround it. One bit says Guarenteed overclock at 500mhz!". Could they be bh-6??

If you tell me the revision number written on your sticks, i'll tell you which ICs you have. Just post the entire code as found on the hologram, i.e. "CMX512-3200....etc."

Also, the ad for the Pro series is only for the higher speed rated ram. Corsair does not gurantee any overclocks whatsoever.

I should have added at the timings they are rated at. I would not doubt they would do 500mhz. My Corsair XMS PC3200C2 256x2 does about 220-223 ish at better timings then it's rated at 200 fsb (400mhz). No gurantees though. =]

Like mfjonny said though,

Also, the ad for the Pro series is only for the higher speed rated ram. Corsair does not gurantee any overclocks whatsoever.

You shouldn't have a problem getting to 220 with the memory, although your mobo may need the volt mod (i assume the E vers. has one, not sure) to get the mobo to do 220. Alot I've seen on the forums top out around 210-215 w/ tight timings.

250 would be asking a lot for 3200 memory, and would definitely need more juice than the mobo will be able to give it stock. Possible, yes....probable, I'd say not.

my xms 3200 LLPT does 230 @2-3-3-7-mem bustr 8 and stable too and perfomance enabled !

so go ahead and try to250! good luck

if you want 250, should have bought the XMS 4000 pro!

Attachments

• mem.jpg
    mem.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Thanks, with 3-4-4-8 do you think that i will be able to get to 250, as i think that it is as loose as the timings go. But i do have some bad news. The people who we ordered it off phoned us up, but they did not say what it was about and that we should phone back on Monday to find out what. If there is a problem in getting the ram, then i will go out and pay £10 more for some mushkin black lvl 2 (2x512) pc3200 specail cas222.

Unfortunately, extra voltage is not going to help your memory overclock....

Rev. 1.2 of XMS3200LL are made with Winbond rev.B -5 ICs. In other words, CH-5, which incorporate voltage regulation.

Are they all made with ch-5, as i was hoping that i would be able to get to 466 (233) as that is where i have been told my cpu maxes out with air.

Back