• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X Rev1.04 FSB limit ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheBowWowKid

Registered
Tried push the FSB to 200 but it refuses.

It used to have a 2200+ @ 10.5 multi 195 fsb anything over that wasn't 100% stable(had to clean install Windows due to corruption @200FSB). I thought the proc was the problem but now I've tried with a locked 2500+. Windows boots @200 but acts really funky and locks just by viewing web pages, giving it more volts helps but not much.

Right now it's stable (so far) @ 195 but I'm not done testing.

Now for my question. How can you tell it's your motherboard hitting it's limit and not your processor?

Memory's been tested for over three hours of memtest with no errors.

Sorry for my rambling.

Thanks for any input.

Last edited:
this is the limit of your mobo .
u may try first uberbios 1004
with rev 1 the limit is about 180~190 fsb due at the oltage in the southbridge u must do the voltage mode for chipset to get somethings stable between 200~215 orwith some luck 220
what is your memory if this is a pc2700 maybe your memory is limiting u
if this is pc 3200 or more this the mobo
so do the voltage mode and be happy
remember that this voltage mode need some cooling for your southbridge
good luck

Last edited:
It's got to be the motherboard limiting the FSB cause I have two sticks of Corsiar XMS3200LL that I've OC'ed to 215 stable on my P4 set up.

Thanks.

BIOS 1004 never worked properly for me. I used 1003 then uber1003 and now uber1007.

Back