• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingstonvalue Ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bluebirds1975

Registered
Hi

I currently have 2x512 pc3200 kingston ram. i am using a p4c800 deluxe mobo. Can i do anything to increase the performance of the ram? if so how? ive bever done this before!!

I have looked on both chips and cant find anything like you suggested.

Thanks for the welcome

Those won't really get you too far but get them as far as they will go. :) At the least you can run whatever fsb you can get to and use dividers and loose timings to keep the ram stable.

In order to increase the FSB for your memory you need to know if your motherboard will allow you to do so. Hold your delete key when you restart to go into bios. Go into advanced chipset settings or something close to it. Then let me Know if you can do that and we will go from there.

Sounds good but that will be last adjustment. Change the Cpu interface to expert then raise it up a little to where you want it. About 5 digits at a time. Then the memory frequency should be set to 100% or 1:1 or 2:2 (same thing).Allow timing to adjust automaticly at the moment. If unstable ,lower FSB back down but shouldn't be at this point.

your bios may be different than mine , but look for a place that you change settings to optimal ,expert ,or aggressive. It should be under some CPU setting or FSB setting. Just select an item to see what it says to find out.If you don't have such a setting, change the FSB a little and go from there.

Back