• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIOS settings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cooper58d

Hey it's me again the dumb Newbee. Just put together an NF7-S w/Barton 2500 sapphire radeon 9600XT and 512 mb of 266 DDR Stock cooling + couple of Large case fans. My question is What are the optimal Bios settings for my settup and what would you recommend I do to tweak it up a little. Thanks for your patience.:confused:
SGT -Coop-

I'd go to the soft menu and stell it to run as a 3200 xp, then reboot. If it's not stable I'd bump the vcore a little and watch my temps.

set you memory according to manuf. specs before trying to push it.

experiment. slowly.

itshondo ... that's quite an o/c you got there ... 434mhz FSB ... WOW! :thup:

Qwik question ...
Have you ever done any testing with MemTest86? I'm just curious, cuz I can't get high fsb's and still pass all of the MemTest86 tests (specifically test #5).

Some other folks have told me they just skip test #5, but I don't know if that is the answer. I kinow I can still boot into windows and perform tasks at those higher bus speeds. But surely that test shouldn't be skipped?

The read-me that comes with MemTest86 even discusses nForce boards and errors detected during test #5.

Cheers :attn:

Turbo the memory timming on your ram. Set it 3200 with a little more voltage-can probably get away with a 210 FSB but keep memmory at 266(By spd). Disable cpu thermal throtling. up the voltage slightly on your memory if you want to up the FSB of it. cool your southbridge to avoid noise defects. Disable enhance pci. AGP spread spectrum off and fsb spread spec off as well. Ummmmmm there are more but ill have to check l8er as im using ym comp and will have to restsrt.
DoM

Back