• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit AI7 new beta bios.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'll try it tonight. Seems strange that this is the second beta within a month, but the last official BIOS update was released in November.

batboy said:
I'll try it tonight. Seems strange that this is the second beta within a month, but the last official BIOS update was released in November.

Do you have any Mushkin L2 to try and see if the new bios fixes the no post issue after a cmos reset???

Yes, I have Mushkin PC3500 level 2. I'll see how it works after I flash the BIOS tonight.

Not sure what has been changed with the new beta BIOS, but I suspect it's mostly trying to fix support for the Prescott.

batboy said:
Yes, I have Mushkin PC3500 level 2. I'll see how it works after I flash the BIOS tonight.

Not sure what has been changed with the new beta BIOS, but I suspect it's mostly trying to fix support for the Prescott.

You are "The Bat"...uh...."The Man"....uh....whatever.... ;)

Ok, I flashed to the newest beta BIOS... haven't noticed any problems or improvements for that matter. Several settings go back to default, like CPU speed, N/B strap, memory ratios, RAM timings, GAT settings, and on-board stuff. But, the vdimm stays to what it was before the flash, so I was able to boot with my Mushkin RAM since I had already set the vdimm to 2.6v.

Sorry, my bad. I should change that in my signature. That's a little deceiving. The 3.8 gig was actually with my watercooled IC7. I haven't gone any higher than 3.4 gig air cooled in the AI7 with the Prescott, because I'm still working out case ventilation and mosfet cooling.

Back