• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

building up a a64.. mobo & ram help..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

one-silence

im going to build an a64 setup for my cousin and i was wondering what is a good motherboard for a64 3000+. the motherboard and ram is the only thing i didnt order, any help or info? thansk in advance!

heres a list of components that ive just ordered for him... hes pretty much going all out but still holding back a little..

1 x AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 512KB L2 Cache, 64-bit Processor - OEM
1 x SAPPHIRE ATI RADEON 9800PRO Video Card, 128MB DDR, 256-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP -RETAIL
2 x Western Digital Raptor 36.7GB 10,000RPM SATA Hard Drive, Model WD360GD, OEM Drive Only
1 x Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS Platinum PCI Sound Card, Model "SB0350" -RETAIL
1 x Lite-On Black DVD-Dual Drive, Model LDW-811S/LDW-851S, OEM
1 x Lite-On Black 48X24X48X16 Combo Drive, Model LTC48161H BK, OEM
1 x CHIEFTEC Black Server Chasis Workstation Tower with Side Panel Window and Front USB and Firewire, Model "DX01BD" -OEM
1 x SONY MPF920 Black 1.44MB 3.5INCH Floppy Disk Drive, OEM
1 x Fortron- FSP530-60GNA 530W Power Supply Retail
1 x ViewSonic P225FB 22" Perfect Flat Monitor –RETAIL
1 x logitech z-5300

total so far is mid 1800's without mobo and rams any help pls? planning to OC this system a little bit also, keep that in mind pls..

-silence

I'd say wait and see how the nForce3 250 does. It should be out sometime next month. I'd also wait on ram so you can see what becomes avaliable until you get your board. New speeds come out so fast these days.

At least this is what I'm doing.

wel i would wait but this is for my cousin.. this computer will be wont be very overclocked but mildly.. kwno any good board as of right now? the parts that are listed should arrive here on monday lastest tuedays. and i realyl need to pick a mobo and ram for him..

Back