• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Me Please!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drak55

I just got my NF7-S rev2. ran fine untill I tryed to OC it. set the fsb to 200. 11.5x 1.750v and saved and exited. but when it started to turn on it locks up at the first screen where it show the chip size you ram, drives and so on. I reset the cmos and still nothing it keeps locking up on the first screen. anyone know what could of gone wrong. help please.

Thanks.
Drak55

try holding the insert key down as it boots up- then when you see the initial screen, release the insert key and hit the delete key to access your bios

yes yes. the insert key function will work, it forces the board to boot @ 100mhz FSB but doesn't lose your bios settings like clearing cmos does. The trick to getting this to work is to unplug the power from the psu, wait for 10 or 20 seconds, plug it back in and then hold the F1 key while you hit the power button. Keep holding the F1 key until the system posts. Then u can go in bios and change settings. My guess is you need to be sure that your cpu/dram ratio is set to 1/1 and then up the voltage to the ram to 2.9 and maybe lax off on the timings a bit.

good luck,

J.

I did the insert button thing. it did reset to stock but it still wont go past that screen the says the speed of the cpu and how much ram you have and so on.

ya know thats funny because tonight Im running into that same problem, so far I can post at 170,180 and 185 but wont hit 190 I was running perfectly stable at 200x11 but apparently something went wrong.

first thing to try is swapping RAM modules remember putting 2 diff ram combonations together can make the board unstable because its trying to use them both synchronously with the boards FSB, the problem sounds just like mine in which case i took my pc3200 TwinMOS stick out and left just the mushkin now it works perfect 200+ FSB

Rilian said:
first thing to try is swapping RAM modules remember putting 2 diff ram combonations together can make the board unstable because its trying to use them both synchronously with the boards FSB, the problem sounds just like mine in which case i took my pc3200 TwinMOS stick out and left just the mushkin now it works perfect 200+ FSB

I also tryed that. I tryed it with 1 512 corsair. then I tryed with it with 2 265 pc2100 then 1 256 pc2100 and still locks up. I have a new bios chip I sent to Tmod so he can flash it for me. I hope when I get it that it will help with this.

ok here it is and kinda strange. after trying everything just about to give up. there I was sitting on the floor in front of my computer looking up at the locked screen. my cd-rw light kept blinking right in my eye. at this point a little blinking light in my eye was working my last nerve. so with computer still on and in lock. I reached in the case pulled the puwer cord and ide cable from my cd-rw. well the little blinking light stoped. I looked up and POOF the bios screen was up. some how it was my cd-rw that was locking the sucker up. how and why pfft ya got me.

thanks guys for all the help. good thing the little light started to bother me. I was fixing to flip out.

yeah it happens to the best of us, thats why people say take 15 minute breaks and just think and youll probably figure out what went wrong or notice something you didnt notice before

Back