• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GeIL rams are great!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

StealtheR

First time GeIL buyer here, i'm so glad I did. the ram is increditly beautiful. Blazing fast.

Bought 2x256MB Dual GeIL Ultra Platium PC3500. i got my ram running 432mhz right now no problem. it still has room for more. I recommend these bad boys to all :) and its way cheaper than corsair xms, ocz....but out-performance them.

Nice. I was thinking about getting some after I saw someone that had it. I have Corsair XMS right now. Sweetness!

Good to actually see some geil make it to at least rated speed. And I wouldn't be recommending any ram till you overclock it. If your ram overclocks 2mhz you still going to tell people to buy it over OCZ, corsairs or mushkin?

I did take a look at them, but went againsted them in the end. You are not running it at its rated speed, and it might not overclock any further than that. You also did not tell us the timings or how much it costs.

I agree with you there. But OCZ have a very good tech support. So even if yo do get bad chips, it is not hard to replace them. I like corsair (orderd some the other day) and mushkin, as they suit the needs of an overclocker best.

Well we have limited stock and support here in Hungary, I bought GeIL and seems like this time I'm lucky, but I still need to get another CPU/PSU to show its potential. Error free memtests are promising, though.

hi check my sig :) its all results there

i hit 2:6:3:3
275-280mhz FBS on stock vcore and 2.8vdimm so far these ram are the best i've ever purchased. I sold my xms ll bh-5, ocz, crucial and bought these as they're cheap, so good looking and super fast.. I can't recommend enough these rams at all guys. Give GeIL a try and you won't disapointed.

i could hit pretty tight ram timing oc on these GeIL they're super nice. I'm loving it!

oh and sorry :) it only cost 96 bucks :) shipped from NewEgg and they're on sale right now for 94

i figure their dual channel kit is 113 or something like that. i purchase 2x256mb ultra platium pc3500 retails for 48/each it will still run dual channel. why waste more? eheheh

Csybe said:
GeIL is hit or miss... Just like many others like OCZ.

What are you talking about? OCZ tests all their ram sticks before sending them out. The chance of getting ram that doesn't OC well is almost zero. Most of the time it is people who don't know how to buy ram for their system and or don't know how to overclock who complain about bad ram sticks from the good companies like OCZ, Mushkin and Kingston

That's just MHO though :cool:

Steve

Plus they have the best tech ppl/support out there (not just MHO :D )

rs600 why you run only 1 stick of 512 instead of 2x256 for dual channel? your mobo can run 4 sticks mate..enjoy the dual channel while you can :) and see the performance boost up.

4x256 is my old configuration... stresses my memory controllers and on a higher fsb, it becomes unstable... if u have 4 slots, i suggest u use only 2, dual chan... remember 1 stick if 20watts :)

Back