• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Low Sandra Mem Bandwidth?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TCnet

Registered
I recently built myself a new system and I was running Sandra and noticed that it only showed my mem bandwidth at 4800. I'm using This RAM and the way I understood it was that Dual Channel mem should double the bandwidth from 3.2 to 6.4. Am I wrong and misunderstanding how that's supposed to work, or is that just the max bandwidth, not "normal"?

6.4 GB/s is the theoretical maximum of the RAM. The results you are getting from SANDRA is the burst speed of your memory. To get a more accurate read of your memory bandwidth, download and run memtest86/+ (a great memory diagnostic, I would reccomend it) or go into the memory options of SANDRA and turn off the processor instruction options such as SSE and MMX (I think there is 9, can't remember). When you run the test again, the scores should be lower and instead of "buffered" scores in the bars you should get "UNbuffered." The details are on Anandtech.com somewhere, but its 1 AM and I had a long, productive day and I'm way to tired to look it up now. Cheers.

It's like this

unbuff.JPG

Back