• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

moving a SATA (ICH5R) RAID0 from one mobo->another

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LuckMan212

hey y'all

quick q:
dontgetit.gif

can I take my SATA ICH5R RAID0 (2xRaptors) and move it from my P4C800-E Dlx to my new AI7 without losing the data? Has anyone with 865/875 mobos that both use ICH5R ever tried this?

i dont want to have to re-do all my settings,etc... it should work in theory right>??

i have a tape backup if it fails horribly
jawdrop.gif
but i was just lookin for some guidance from the gurus

thoughts??

I have only done this with a RAID 1. The other drive just got rebuilt so not sure what happeneds on a RAID 0 since the data is dispersed over both drives.

No help really but in theory your correct it should work if both the SATA RAID versions are the same, but I would bet some BOIS or version stamp is on the drives and they give you an invalid array when moved.

Would like to know if it works though :)

I recently moved my RAID-0 (2x120GB Seagate) from a MAX3 to an AI7 mobo...

Didn't have any issues, worked great!

Fletchs

yeh... moved it.... it worked, data was intact but WinXP needed to be reinstalled cuz I was getting BSOD's on boot after going from p4c800-> ai7

now it works but this Ai7 is giving me mucho problems... cant get stable at even at 279fsb which is where i was on the Asus... :(

I really dont get "GAT" settings at all... who is the genius that cooked these names up?? "Speed Racer"??? "F1"?? come on lets have some real names for things please, and howsa bout some explanation of what these settings do
sheesh I am thinking of putting my P4C800 back in at least it was stable

grrrrr:mad:

Back