• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HyperX won't even run at it's advertised settings!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Caviman2201

According to CPU-Z, the timings currently on my HyperX PC4000 are 2.5-4-4-9. My BIOS says they're running 3.0-4-4-9. They're advertised at 3-4-4-8 @ 250MHz. I crash whenever I try to alter the timings at all... I don't understand why it's not interested in running any faster than the timings above... and, which is more likely to be correct? CPU-Z or my BIOS?

any time I try to manually change the settings in the BIOS, the computer wont' even start, let alone POST... the thing turns on, both CDROMs blink like crazy but the monitor light stays orange indicating no input. I restart all I want but it doesn't change. The only way to get back onto my PC is to swap the RAM out with an extra stick I have right next to the PC for exactly that reason.

Please help...

thanks

Last edited:
I would e-mail them about the timmings I had problems with Corsair XMS and they sorted me out with new RAM and also the better timmings for my setup.

Also you might want to reduce the size of you Sig as it's a little on the large size check this link out for help and guidelines to make it smaller.

Back