• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC Help! (P4P800 Deluxe)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ryummx

Hmm, I've updated to the newest BIOS for my motherboard already and I still can't overclock at all. It repeatedly shows the error message: "Overclocking Failed."

P4P800 Deluxe
P4 3.2GHz with 800 FSB
Dual HyperX 512MB (1GB)
ATI Radeon 9600XT
Maxtor 120GB Hard Drive

I don't know what's going on, please help me out. I really want to overclock my computer but I have no idea how to. I want to do it manually, but I don't know how, bleh. If you do know how to, please explain it step by step. My CPU temperature is usually around 26 C and when gaming, it should be around 30 something C. How far would I be able to overclock? Thanks for reading.

check my settings below... 3.2ghz gets hot a lot faster... i suggest u start at 215 fsb :D

i would suggest reading some of the threads.ive kinda already explained overclocking to a n00bie on a recent thread,check it out

Press and Hold the DEL key while the system is booting... This will bring you to the BIOS Menu. In the bios meny you will find setting for AI overclocking I suggest you start there. Otherwise If you feel up to it. Change the FSB to 205 to start!

BTW What is the Hyper X Rated? PC3000? PC3200? PC3500? PC4000?

Maybe you need to clock the ram down when you OC. Try putting the ram at (320Mhz - Asus 5:4 Ratio Setting) and then move the FSB up to 205 and move up slowly till you can't move any further then drop it down from there and test Stabilty at each level.:D

Back