• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cant run Mushkin PC3500 lvl 2 at 3:2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jlo56

I have a Asus P4C800Dlx E
2.4C m0
2x512mb Mushkin PC3500 lvl2, 2.85Vdimm

AGP:pCI lock at 66:33

at 298fsb, i try to run at 3:2 mode (which is less than DDR400) 2-2-2-5, PC wont post

if i run 1:1, 200fsb (DDR400) 2-2-2-5, it boots fine

also, if i run each stick separately in single channel mode 3:2 @298fsb, it will post and run memtest fine

if running same DDR at 3:2 and 1:1 but fails at 3:2, is it the memory problem, or mobo problem?

Last edited:
Sounds like your mobo is not to fond to 3:2 with two sticks. Sticks always work better on their own. If you have it on try turning off dual channel.

try it with 1 stick at a time. get latest bios. remember your spd is telling the mb that it should be running at 200 so the mb may be geting confused

yeh, that's always the first thing. I was pushing my systm too hard at a point and was getting memtest errors out the whazooo...until I discovered that one stick wasn't quite as good as the other....plus Soltek's BIOS revisions are seldom and few

Back