• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Onizuka

For the past couple of days when I close certain programs I receive a strange error message:

Application Error

The instruction at 0x00000000 referenced memory at 0x00000000
The memory could not be "read".

Click OK to terminate program.

Was just wondering whats causing this? Is my memory bad? Been working great. Im using XP Pro SP1, and Im not overclocked.

Well I ran memtest few weeks ago and all was fine. I did noticed the errors started right after I installed a few programs. Maybe one of them is my problem , think thats possible?

Onizuka said:
Well I ran memtest few weeks ago and all was fine. I did noticed the errors started right after I installed a few programs. Maybe one of them is my problem , think thats possible?

Its very possible. It has happened many times before to me and people I know. Try uninstalling the programs and figure out what it is. Good Luck!

Matt

A lot of people are having those problems with frozen throne. There can be a lot of reasons. In my case it was my cat drivers. I found after keeping cat 3.10 or omegas 3.10, it doesn't happen any more.:p Try that , see what happens. If not, go to blizzard.com to see what else you my narrow it down to.

Back