• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung -TCB3 C,D, or E?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Red02TA

I currently have a 256 meg stick of samsung C-TCB3. It does 200 at 2.5-2-2-11, without a problem in an NF7s 2.0.

I would like to go dual channel, and get another stick. A couple questions I have.

1. I am looking on ebay and have seen several sticks. Would it matter if I got a C, D, or E revision of the TCB3? All I want is [email protected] in dual channel, or possibly slightly more(~210).

2. Which is best? C, D or E?

3. If I scrap the piece I have, and go with 1 gig(2X512), is there really that much of a performance increase by being able to not have a swap file in windows?

I have a mobile 2600+ on the way, and I want to get ready :)

Thank you!
John

Why are you getting slow ram like this? I would opt for some ram with bh-5 or 6 chips. If you want samsung though get chips with EYCB3 at the end

Steve

Shade00 said:
C is by far the best. D and E revisions probably won't be able to run 200 at decent timings with the volts you can give.

I tried C and D,With D chips i can't boot on winxp above 180, with C chips i could boot on windows at 200, but memtest gives a lot of errors.
If you are looking for cheap and good memory i recommend you buffalo with windbond ch5 chips. Bh5 and Bh6 are better than ch5 but more expensive and hard to find.

im afraid to say but it may be a bios or chipset issue- make sure u get as much info as possible. cause the worst thing to do is to keep looking for ram when the stuff u got is good, and the real prob is compatibilty probs...

Back