• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin vs. Kingston

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bumbi

Registered
Kingston HyperX

The Kingston HyperX with BH5 OC pretty good but is it rare to find HyperX with BH5? and are there more BH5's among the PC3000 than 3200?

Was going to get Mushkin Black Lvl.2 First but to Xpensiv:(

rxtrom said:
aren't the bh-5's better than the 6's though?

Neither is really "better."

Kingston HyperX PC-3000 should have Winbond BH-5 chips on it. Try to purchase it from sites other then Newegg, though, - if only because Newegg moves more stock then most any other reseller (and always gets the latest from Kingston). Kingston HyperX PC-3200 w/o an A in the listed Product Code (KHX3200K2/1G instead of KHX3200AK2/1G) has Winbond BH-5 chips.

hm,i m using atm kingston bh-5 and mushkin bh-5 the are running dual,and are duing 217 fsb,tight timings,without probs,havent upped them to much,cause they are still new,will try 230 fsb,with 3 vdim(max vdim,on my board),after a burn in periode....

I've read you have a better chance of getting the Winbond BH-5 in the Kingston Hyper X 3200 then the 3000.

I just ordered the Mushkin PC3500 Level II Black which are Very Very Hott at the moment, they are supposed to be the BEST out at the moment!(form what I've read), I've also had the opp to try them out in my system and I was impressed. So I dumped my Hyper X PC4000 for these Bad Boyz!

The Buffalo PC3700 (Winbond Module Sticks) are also supposed to have BH-5 and are $102 for a 512MB Stick at Newegg. (would have gone with these if the Mushkin weren't available)

It depends on the luck of the draw. I have some hyperX pc3500 thats bh-5 and it will run about 1-2fsb higher per voltage increase than the lvl 2 that I have. It also depends on the mobo. The Asus that I have likes the lvl 2 better but the hyperX runs a little better on the AI7 than I have.

now i'm thinking of getting buffalo 3700 512mb too...but the stuff looks "cheap" almost generic although i like the low price.... ARE YOU SURE it's Winbond chips there?
Newegg is out of stock on pc3700...;(

EDIT: nevermind i can't seem to find \WB version anyway...all that is left have Micron chips. they aren't terrible either btw.

What about KingMax's new "Hardcore Series" ddr-466 and ddr-500 PLUS they TinyBGA chips.....sweet....i read a review at thweaktown and they seem very good. I hope they have low price as usual when they get here....i can't seem to find them in USA yet.

Last edited:
Back