• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help first build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

letitbe

Registered
Have a Chaintech 7nil1 ,it has the nforce2 and 400 ultra chip set. Board can run up to 3200+ and 400FSB and can run the DDR mem in dual mode. Have a AMD Athlon XP 2500 Barton pre week 36. To O/C I'm setting the mult to 10 and starting the FSB at 200. My question is what DDR speed mem should I get? Thinking Kingston KHX1G/2x512 and was looking at DDR 400 but wanted to know for sure that it will work. Thanks you all R.L.H.

PC3200 will work fine however as you plan on overclocking, I'd suggest faster RAM as you'll be able to take the FSB up higher. PC3500 would be my suggestion.

~THT

P.S. Oskaloosa eh? I'm in IC.

Dual mode

IC eh! Worked for a road constuction Com. In CorVil Thanks Top Hat.
1. It says, to run dual mode, I need to use slots DDR1 and DDR3. So if I have 512MB in 1 and 3 do I have to run 1gig in DDR2?

2. PC 3500 will work even if I decide to just run the cpu normal, it just won't run as fast correct?

Will be thankfull for any help from out there, RLH.

Last edited:
Back