• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4C800-E Deluxe Overclocking Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

uhidono

I am a bit new to the world of overclocking but have been doing my fair share of reading on the subject but I am having problems. I seem to have reached a dead end with my system and was wondering if anyone had any ideas. Here is a list of my parts and settings:

Parts:
Asus P4C800-E deluxe
P4 2.4c
Kingston 1 gig pc3700 (2x512)
antec Trueblue 480 psu

Current Bios Settings:
Buss speed 250
Ram at 400
agp/pci 66.66/33.33
cpu core 1.525v
ram 2.65v
agp 1.5v
Performace Turbo
timings 34488
PAM enabled

the problem I'm running into is that no matter what I do with the mem divider (266, 333, 400) or the timings and voltage I can't get the buss speed over the 250. I'm stuck at the 3 ghz mark no matter what I try. I have upped the cpu core to 1.6v and it didn't make a difference. I am new to this but it seems like I should be able to get more out of it. Any ideas or advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

by the way temps are good as of right now with zalman heatsink and fan (28 idle 34 full load)

fsb 250 @ 1:1? trying to set a world record? :) anyways, if 2.75 vdimm wont work, try 2.85 :)

Well, I've tried 1.75v and 1.85v, changed all timings to highest levels, set the divider to 5:4, and even uped the core to 1.575v and nothing. I did get it to post and load xp with the vdimm at 1.85v and the divider at 5:4, fsb at 251 when I changed the timings to 2.5 4 4 8 8 ... kinda strange I thought but it that only bumped me up to 3.01ghz. I just don't understand why it will run stable at 250fsb - 3 4 4 8 8 timings - and mem at 1:1 yet if I try to up the fsb any at all it dosen't matter what I do to loosen up the dimm settings it just won't run. Like I said I'm kinda new to this so there may be something I'm doing wrong but I don't know what to try next. Any ideas? :bang head

my vcore is 1.6v and if put it down, i get errors... ur vdimm is 1.85? hmm strange.. coz mine i have to set it to 2.85 to make the ram go :D

Sorry, must have been asleep when I typed that... vdimm was supposed to be 2 not 1.. opps. I still haven't gotten anyware with it though. I tried pushing vcore up to 1.6 but no go. Oh well guess I'll keep tryin..

I would try vdimm at 2.85,timings loose, mam off, turbo off, divider at 5:4, vcore at 1.6 or 1.625.it should boot up at 251 fsb.if it does then maybe up the fsb more and get it where you want then start tightening the timings.I havent really tried going past 250 but i think if i loosened my timings and turned mam and pam off i could go higher but i like having tight timings and a semi high fsb.

Polargoat, i think urs will still be stable at the same cas yet fsb 255 which will be 204mhz on ur ram, ur rams rated speed is 200mhzx2=400mhz both. Corsair as what they say are the best, if i was able to get 255 with my old geil b4, im sure u can too :D

thats a possibility.I ran prime95 torture test and was kinda getting high temps tho.not sure how high i wanna go before overheating.I was up to 50c after 4 blend tests

I have tried EVERYTHING I can think of but I don't trust that I know enough to say that so any input would be great. I have tried raising my vcore up to 1.6v, my vdimm to 2.85v, changed timings from tight to loose, changed ratios from 1:1 (I know I shouldn't be able to go any higher at this setting) to 5:4 to 3:2 yet no matter what I can't go any higher than 250fsb.... could this be because of my mem?
Asus P4C800E Deluxe
Kingston HyperX pc3700
Intel P4 2.4
Antec TruPower 480w

Back