• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7-G: Prob. updateing Intel chipset.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ghost_shell

Registered
I downloaded the Intel INF Update v5.00.1015 from the Abit website so that I could update my 875P chipset.

Well After I ran the setup program it installed a folder under C: called Abit/Intel INF. I rebooted the computer and checked the read me. It said to go into XP dir under Intel INF and copy the contents of the XP folder onto a floppy disk. I complied.

Next I went to hardware>device manager> from the view menu I selected Devices by connection and picked ACPI Multiprocessor PC. Under that I selected PCI BUS. Under the PCI Bus I picked Standard Enhanced PCI to USB controller.

The driver listed for Standard Enhanced PCI to USB controller is by Microsoft, driver date 6/1/2002, driver version 5.1.2600.0 . I selected update driver and pointed to the disk. It did not find any INF files. I looked to see what was on the disk and it listed a number of Security catalogs. I think the represent chipsets but I couldn't locate 875P.

My question is How do I update the Intel chipsite to the latest because this seems a little confusing (why update the Standard Enhanced PCI to USB controller like the Read Me says? does that just update a part of the chipset? I want to update the whole chipset.)

How can I confirm the update has in fact updated the chipset when I am done and Is it better to DL the drivers from Abit for my IC7-G board running WinXP Pro or is it better to get the driver from Intel directly.

My Bios is up tp date with ver. 20 but I am afraid my chipset is still back in 2002. I'm sure this is a simple problem to solve so I apologize to any1 for such a newbie request. Any help is as always appreciated!!! Thanx

Back