• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7-G: Increaseing RAID 0 performance.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ghost_shell

Registered
I have a IC7-G Abit mobo running XP Pro with 2 WD Raptors ( 36 Gigs each) running in RAID 0 off of the SATA controller.

When I first but the box together I used the RAID disk that came with the mobo F6 ( I think ) before the OS was installed to set them up.

I have seen updates to this RAID driver on the Abit website for my mobo. How can I install the driver update without having to reformat the whole system? If it is possible to update the RAID drivers? Will I need to set the RAID up again? Will I lose any data?

If anyone is running a similar RAID config with the Raptors, do you have any other suggestions to tweak any more performance out of them in RAID 0 ?

As you can tell from my last posting I am having some problems with driver updates with my mobo. Any help is much appreciated!!! Thanx

ghost_shell said:
I have a IC7-G Abit mobo running XP Pro with 2 WD Raptors ( 36 Gigs each) running in RAID 0 off of the SATA controller.

When I first but the box together I used the RAID disk that came with the mobo F6 ( I think ) before the OS was installed to set them up.

I have seen updates to this RAID driver on the Abit website for my mobo. How can I install the driver update without having to reformat the whole system? If it is possible to update the RAID drivers? Will I need to set the RAID up again? Will I lose any data?

If anyone is running a similar RAID config with the Raptors, do you have any other suggestions to tweak any more performance out of them in RAID 0 ?

As you can tell from my last posting I am having some problems with driver updates with my mobo. Any help is much appreciated!!! Thanx

Might want to post this in the Storage forum also.

Back