• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What happened to all the 3500 DDR? What are alternatives?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gplracer

I have Corsair 3500c2 ram. I was looking around and noticed that 3500 ram is basically gone. I guess it is out of production. Well that is fine but most of the new stuff that is 3700 and 4000 is CAS 3. I thought nforce boards did not like CAS3?

gplracer said:
I have Corsair 3500c2 ram. I was looking around and noticed that 3500 ram is basically gone. I guess it is out of production. Well that is fine but most of the new stuff that is 3700 and 4000 is CAS 3. I thought nforce boards did not like CAS3?

Their is no Corsair 3500 as it had BH-5 chips. The highly desirable overclockers chips and they have all been bought up by enthusiast. Their is still 3500 being made but it sure as hell doesn't have BH-5 memory chips.:)

Oh and with my experience, nforce boards HATE cas of 3. Heck some won't even boot with cas at 3. And rather than getting 3700 or ram in the 4000's I would get some 3200 as it would oc pretty good depending on what you get and keep WAY tighter timings than that 3700-4200.

Back