• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

If I use more than 1 stick it crashes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pdwight

Registered
I have a Soyo Dragon Plus MB with a XP 1900 CPU , Running XP Pro. No where in the manual does it say there is a certain way to populate the DDR memory slots...is ther a certain way ??? I have a single 512 2700 running right now and it is as stable as a rock, if I add another stick of the same RAM bought at the same time it will load windows and then in a few minutes the Blue screen of death..I have been told to populate from CPU and out physicially and I have been told to populate slots 0 and 2 and leave 1 empty (only 3 on board) I have emailed SOYO..what a joke that was...no where does it tell me how difficult it is to simply double your ram..uuugghhhhh. I was also told that if I didnt use two sticks of ram I really wasent using DDR ram capabilities...questions...

Thanks
Dwight P

is the new stick of ram bad? try using just the new stick and see if it still crashes. If so, then it's bad.

No

Either sticks will runt he computer fine, in fact I have some 256M DDR ram that does the same thing..and these are from a known stable system >>im really confused

Dwight P

Back