• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ram question pc3200/3500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rcillig

I was told that if you got a motherboard that takes pc3200 you can run pc3500 in it so that you may get better overclocking speeds is that ture? If so would it be better to get some pc3500 over the pc3200 I got now? My board is a dfi lanparty nfiib, or will be as soon as it gets here from newegg.... 3days and counting...since I ordered it..lol and already looking for it..lol

oh also my pc3200 is just basic ram I got from a local comp store... how do I tell what the timming on it is set at? or if its any good or not, all I know is its got samsung chips on it..

The more you overclock the better the performance.

If the choice is between poor ram that won't overclock very far, or good ram that will.

What do you think the result will be ?

BH5 is the best ram, but you've got on board a little late. Its mostly all gone. You might find some in the MM, or a few places may have some left. Theres probobally a million threads on were to find it.

The rating PC3200/3500 means little. PC3500 is just 3200 that they are garunteeing to run at 217fsb.

Your looking for mem that will do tight timings at a high FSB. Especillay with a DFI.

Good luck.

TDF.

well how you say it is some ram is better than others and some works with some boards better than others.... or thats what I get from you.

So with that said what mem do you recomend to work with my DFI Lanparty board?

I'd recomend anything with Winbond BH5 chips, but like I said its getting rare.

I've got Mushkin Black PC3500 Level 2 and Kingston KHX3000 that both perform excellently in my Infinity.

You'll have to look through some of the threads, I think theres one on were to buy BH5, but be quick, everyday theres less of it.

TDF.

Back