• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MOSFET sinks needed to get to 300 FSB with IC7-g?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC Noob

Do you need them to get 300 FSB and is the stock NB cooler enough?

this is the NB cooler (stolen from another thread):

MAX3.jpg

I did put some paste uner the NB vs the pad it had.

So, are the MOSFETs going to be holding me back?

Thanks.

I got a IC7-G running dual prime stable at 300FSB with no additional cooling for MOSFETs... only AS3 on the NB.

That newer style N/B cooler is much better than the old one. Mosfet cooling is not needed. I'd be much more worried about N/B cooling. Just watch your system temps, if you reinstalled the N/B cooler with AS, you might be ok.

For pushing high FSB, I say try to stay below 30 degrees. My watercooled IC7 with the modded N/B cooler stays at about 20 degrees load temp. My other IC7 with a lapped old style stock cooler and AS3 runs low to mid 20's and my AI7 with a new style stock cooler hits upper 20's with the Prescott on it.

im gettin 14c on the nb, 14c, pwm 22c on the cpu, but that raggety cpu wont go any faster than b4 i duct modded the case.(290) WAAAAAAAAAAAA! that does it! im banging my head on the wall...

Ahh the frustration of it all ;) I once thought about drilling a hole in the floor to duct my comp from under the house but never did, figured it would be cooler in the summer yada yada.
However, I put a passive cooler on my southbridge thinking it would help me o'c some more. Can't say that it helped any but it made me feel better. :) One thing it did do tho is shut that blasted mobo alarm off as I have it plugged into the cpu fan header. :D

its definitely cooling everything waaaay down, maybe. once i get the the copper all over the mossfets etc., maybe it'll help with my
prescott

Back