• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recent buyers of buffalo ram from newegg?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jlin453

I bought a 512mb PC3200 Buffalo Tech. (CH-5's) during the summer and it runs 222fsb at 2-2-3-11. I'm looking to add anohter 512mb of the same stick but don't know if the buffalo's currently sold at newegg are good overclockers. Reading some of their reviews, some people could only get 200fsb out of them. Any recent buyers have any good experiences?

Looking at some of the reviews, I think a lot of people are tentative to putting the vdimm to 3V. who knows

I dont know about newegg, but tblmemory are still selling ther buffalo 512Mb sticks of PC3200 ch-5 for $81.... LINK

My Buffalo seem to max out @ 227MHz with 2.9 volts.

Buffalo.jpg

Last edited:
I think it might go higher because, all the other ram I have tested seems to get errors when it's OCed too far...

But when I push the buffalo past 227MHz it just refuses to boot..... so it may be the limit of the Northbridge not the ram!

I was testing my two 256mb sticks of Buffalo PC3200 and I managed to memtest them at 225/2-3-3-11 dual channel in my 8RDA for half an hour. Not bad for $37 sticks of RAM (they were $37 when I bought them, anyway). They can probably go higher, but I got tired of letting memtest run. :p

yeah there very good vale for money the old buffalo.... and with a liftime warrantee... I picked up my 1Gb for $150 around X-mas and I must say I was pleasently supprised how well they overclocked!

Back