• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Determining Auto Memory Voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

logo29a

Registered
Is there any way to determine what voltage my motherboard is automatically assigning me memory?

I am getting several errors in memtest+ on test 7. I want to play around with the voltage, but want to start with just .05+ above what is automatically being given to the memory. I am using 2 X KHX3200/512 at 2-2-2-6 on an AOpen AK86L. I have tested the modules independantly and both are giving errors so I am skeptical as to whether it is a memory issue or motherboard issue. Under heavy load I occassionally get a BSOD but nothing too serious. It will still be very nice to have the problem corrected if possible.

if its on auto, or defulat, it should be 2.5V unless your mobo is intentionally overvolting it for overclocking.

I set it at 2.7 volts and it seems to work error free as far as MemTest is concerned. However, it wasn't until I put it at 2.7 volts and changed the memory timings back to SPD that they went away. SPD still sets it at 2-2-2-6 so it seems likely that there might be a BIOS issue in which manual timings are reporting incorrectly. I'll report back if I get an BSOD's. Thanks for the help guys!

Back