• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone have any conclusions on which Mobo works best with a Prescott?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've only got experience with two mobos with my Prescott. Initially tried my IC7 and it did pretty well after I flashed to the 21 BIOS. Figured the AI7 would do better since it officially supported the Prescott. But, the PWM (mosfets) run lots hotter on the AI7. I've spend a lot of time and effort in vain trying to control motherboard heat with the AI7. So, I switch the Prescott back to my ol' trusty IC7. Looks like the AI7 is working out much better with my 2.4C M0 stepping processor and KHX PC3200 BH-5 RAM.

I'll be ordering a prescott in a few days, and it will go in my Epox 4PCA3+. I haven't heard of anyone running that combo yet, so we'll see what happens.

I'd like to see what the PWM temps on an Abit IC7 Max 3 are. You'd think with that fancy OTES it would be cooler than some mobos.

Well it turns out the mobo that I got back from RMA is the exact same one that I sent out. I'm gonna have to wait a while before I buy a prescott and test it with the 4PCA3+

This damn board is having major problems. It keeps locking up on me even though it's running at default speeds. I'm getting great temps with my water setup though.

Back